About our school
Our Primary school is situated in the heart of the village of Pensilva. The original building dates back to 1913 and has always been involved in community activities. Pensilva Primary School welcomes children from the village and a large area of the surrounding countryside.
We enjoy the best traditions of village schooling with creative teaching, an appreciation of the local environment and a good understanding of modern technology, which plays a major part in today’s world. The friendly atmosphere of our school provides the basis of a sound academic, caring, learning environment.
At Pensilva Primary School we believe that pupils can achieve high standards of work by developing an enthusiasm and a love of learning.
The school aims to create a stimulating atmosphere with appropriate resources so that children can develop their full potential in a working environment that takes account of their individual abilities, interests and personalities. We encourage respect for themselves and for others and adhere to our discipline policy as a framework to encourage good behaviour. We ensure that each pupil’s needs are met and that he/she can approach any member of staff for support.
Staff and pupils enjoy excellent facilities. The newer part of the school houses the kitchen, three classroom units and a main hall fully equipped for PE. Our school library, administrative offices, staffroom and two further classrooms are located in the original building. We share our site with the outstadnding Pensilva Pre-School. Outside we have two playing fields and a “wild” area for environmental studies, where we run an active Forest School. There are two playgrounds - one for infants and one for juniors both with items of play equipment.