Did you know … just registering your child for Free School Meals means that the school gets extra money?
Register now to make sure we don’t miss out
The Government is giving money to schools to help children from lower income families do their very best. This funding is called a ‘Pupil Premium’.
For every child registered Pensilva Primary School gets £1300 this year. This is additional funding on top of the annual budget granted to the school.
With this money we could employ additional qualified staff, access a variety of resources and make a greater impact on the educational development of your child.
Please register as soon as possible to make sure your child and others in their class don’t miss out.
How does it work?
1. First, check if you qualify – it is not just if you are unemployed, so please
look at the list on the next page.
2. Registering is really quick and easy – if you think you qualify, complete the attached form and return to the school office.
3. If you want your child to have a free, healthy meal at lunchtime that’s
great – they will get the free meal (saving you more that £350 a year), and
the school gets £1300 extra.
4. If you don’t want your child to have the school meals they can
continue as normal – as long as you qualify and are registered, the
school still gets £1300 per child extra.
No one will know you have registered and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.
Do you qualify?
You can register your child for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:
• Income Support
• Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
• Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
• Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
• Working Tax Credit 'run-on' - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Pupils can also register for Free School Meals if they get any of these benefits themselves. Come and talk to us if you’re not sure.
Please talk to us about registering your child today or fill in an online form at the Cornwall County link below to see if your child is eligible: