Our school dinners are all cooked in our kitchen by Chartwell Caterers.
School dinner currently costs £2.30 per child, and can be paid for daily, weekly, monthly or termly.
The menus have been accredited with the prestigious Gold Standard by the Soil Association for providing fresh, healthy school meals made with local and organic ingredients
The Food for Life catering mark is a unique way to gain independent endorsement for serving fresh food you can trust. The new Food for Life menu includes seasonal produce with a minimum of 75% of dishes freshly prepared on site by well-trained school cooks. It’s a guarantee from the Soil Association that what’s on the menu is:
· Organic fresh beef and mince
· Farm assured turkey breast
· Farm assured pork joints
· Farm assured sausages and beef burgers
· MSC responsibly sourced fish
· Free-range eggs
· Fair-trade sugar & bananas
· No undesirable additives or artificial trans fats
Attached is a copy of the nutritional graph for your records that in some schools has been requested by Ofsted. A green chart signifies each element of the menu achieves the required standards.
Free School Meals
Your child maybe entitled to free school meals if you are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support from NASS (National Asylum Support Service) under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on
- Universal Credit.